The emotional YOU wants, and needs to love and be loved in intimate relationships and with family and friends. You require a group of like minded friends, playing at whatever feeds your sense of fun and adventure, travelling, dancing, movies, music.
The emotional you is being able to own, honour and express your emotions appropriately, adjust to change, cope with stress in a healthy way, and enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations
The emotional you, is about identifying, understanding and honouring your feelings; it is ok to be angry, it is ok to feel sad, it is ok to feel vulnerable. It is the subsequent behaviours that manifest from our emotions that must be appropriate in all situations.
Our emotions are a deep and important part of our total well-being.
Here are five (5) things you can do right now to nourish your Emotional dimension:
- Create awareness of your thoughts and feelings; own your emotions, be accountable and responsible for them
- Learn to express your emotions in a suitable manner
- Develop a positive attitude. Practise gratitude, smile and laugh a lot
- Start a journal. Write about your thoughts and actions
- Accept and learn from mistakes. Be kind to yourself, know you’re loved, safe and the universe protects.