The joy of creating your own mosaic table top cannot be measured in words.
This is a creative activity that has multiple benefits; the obvious being a beautiful table to share with family and friends. But let me tell you it is also a great form of therapy.
Yes, it’s fiddly. Yes, it’ll take a while. And yes, there’s a lot of tile cutting, placing and most likely replacing of tiles, gluing, grouting and polishing.
I’m sure many fantasise about mosaic tiling; the idea being to add colour to your house by recreating rustic Moroccan or Mexican designs seen in magazines, but most of us just simply never get round to it!
At Lifelong Learning, we offer bring-your-own-table mosaic workshops for beginners. Included in the price – which is based on the dimensions of your table – is the table preparation, tiles, glue, grout, cutting implements and design – both colour and precision of patterns plus great conversation and therapeutic benefit … come along, try it, you’ll see!
You bring your table and we will:
- Prepare your table top for its mosaic makeover
- Assist you to design your table top pattern
- Identify the colours of tiles that will best suit your design
- Show you how to chop and shape your mosaic pieces
- Teach you to lay and glue your tiles into your shapes
- Grout and polish the finish product
This workshop is interactive, fun AND challenging and provides opportunity to get into the ‘flow’ and enhance your creative wellness.
Terms and Conditions
- The cost of this workshop is based on the dimensions of your table. Calculate the fee here.
- A $250 deposit is required to secure your table in the workshop.
- Upon receipt of your deposit, you will receive confirmation from us with further detail.