Keeping a journal and writing, doodling or drawing is a wonderful activity always and also when embarking on a program of learning, change, and personal development.
It is very powerful to get thoughts out of our heads and onto paper for ongoing analysis and clarity.
Simply bottling up or constantly thinking about ‘things’ can overwhelm us to the point we start to catastrophise situations.
The simple act of taking pen to paper and writing eases the enormity of a situation and allows us to identify steps we can take to overcome whatever may be occurring.
The answer to the question?
Just journal, and journal a lot.
There are no rules to keeping a journal, you write as much or as little as you want and be as creative or not as you wish.
The Just Journal workshop will:
- Introduce you to the ten (10) step journaling process
- Provide opportunity for you to experience the state of being mindful
- Create strategies for creating different or better outcomes for you through the act of journaling
- Demonstrate the value of getting thoughts out of our heads and into a journal for analysis
The Workshop includes:
- Spells for Wellness Journal
- Workshop activities and wonderful conscious conversations
- Whole, local, fabulous food
- we keep you hydrated with infused water, herbal teas and great coffee
- Create your own book charms to add ‘magic’ to your journal
As part of the workshop you will participate in a mindfulness activity and create a Book Charm for your journal, similar to the following.
There is a base charm for you to start with, plus a choice of individual charms to choose from.
You take home your journal; a book of beauty and MAGIC on the inside and outside.
Throughout the workshop you will write, doodle, use colour pens, draw pictures, and go wherever your creativity takes you.
The point is to … just journal, journal a lot, and keep journaling.
Workshops offered by Lifelong Learning aim to show-case the beautiful historic Town of Toodyay and will utilise various venues for the Workshops.
The venues will change from workshop to workshop to take advantage of the seasonal ambience.
Once enrolled, confirmation will include venue detail.
Avonlink Rail Service
Workshop fees do not include the cost of this service.
If you choose to start your journey in the peace and tranquility of a train ride through the beautiful Avon Valley via the AvonLink Rail Service, you will be met at the Toodyay Train Station and accompanied or transported to the Workshop venue.
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations outside of 5 working days are not refundable
Workshop participant size, maximum of fifteen (15)